- Years of industry & business knowledge
- Relationships with community services
- Government resources and facility managers
- Posse of trusted and proven tradesmen, stagers, decluttering professionals, movers, auctioneers, etc.
- Compassion, sympathy and an uncanny ability to understand people...
MARGIE YOHN, SRES
35 years and counting
Giving Back I'm active in several community and non-profit organizations. In 2004, I founded the Palmyra Area Business Association and served as President of that organization for 7 years. I served as Chairman of the Board in 2014 of the Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce. My farm upbringing led to an interest in conservation, sustainable living solutions and volunteer work with the Lebanon Valley Conservancy. 2021 - I became a certified APPRISE counselor for the Office of Aging. Helping Mom In late 2014, we welcomed my mother into our home in order to care for her as she dealt with declining health issues due to dementia. I could write a book on what I learned in dealing with my mother. There are a lot of services available, some funded through the government, all with differing criteria of eligibility. When she could no longer stay with us, I discovered there are many housing options, but Medicare doesn't cover all of them. Then there were family issues, health concerns, prescription and health coverage questions, estate and asset planning duties, accounting and bill paying tasks...the list goes on. The size and seriousness of the job I took on when caring for my mother and acting as her fiduciary, led me to focus my real estate practice to working with those people 55+ who could be dealing with a similar situation or who were getting ready to make a change in their own living situation.
Senior Moves & Real Estate Thanks to my own life-changing event with my mother, I have a special interest and first-hand knowledge on helping seniors with housing transitions. I bring my compassion and experience to assist people with:
- Downsizing from their current home to something smaller
- Relocating to be nearer to family or a warmer climate
- Multi-generational housing (we did this and it was fantastic)
- Estate sales & closeouts
- Options for assisted living or dementia care (where my mother is now)