Discovering the Allure:
South Central Pennsylvania's Abundance of Amenities for Seniors and Retirees
South Central Pennsylvania: Your Ideal Destination for a Fulfilling Lifestyle and Relaxed Living
Lancaster county, dauphin county and lebanon county can be an attractive choice for seniors and retirees due to the region's unique blend of advantages.
Affordable Cost of Living & Lower taxes
- Hershey, PA has a 24% lower cost of living then Long Island, NY. You need $90,948 in Hershey, PA to have the same standard of living that $120,000 provides in Long Island City, NY. The tax cost difference is 18% less in Hershey.
- Annville, PA has an 18% lower cost of living comparing it to Trenton, NJ. You need to have $98,080 for Annville, PA to have the same standard of living that $120,000 provides in Trenton, NJ.
The Natural Beauty of Four Seasons
State-of-the-art Healthcare Facilities
Access to Major Cities
Low Crime Rates
Affordable Senior Housing
Retirement Options: Senior Housing in South Central PA
Condominiums and Townhomes
Assisted Living Facilities
Apartments and Senior Housing
Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
Exploring Your Next Chapter: Unveiling the Charms of 3 Central Pa Counties
Lebanon County PA
Lebanon County PA Attractions
- Cornwall Iron Furnace: A National Historic Landmark, this preserved iron furnace offers a glimpse into Pennsylvania's industrial past with guided tours and exhibits.
- Mount Gretna Lake & Beach: A popular family destination, featuring a serene lake for swimming, boating, and picnicking, as well as a sandy beach area.
- Union Canal Tunnel Park: Experience history by exploring the oldest existing transportation tunnel in the United States, part of the Union Canal system.
- Coleman Memorial Park: A beautiful park with walking trails, a pond for fishing, playgrounds, and lovely gardens, providing a peaceful retreat.
- Stoever's Dam Park: A recreational spot with a large lake for fishing and kayaking, plus walking trails and scenic views.
Lebanon County PA Eateries
- Snitz Creek Brewery: A local craft brewery with a taproom offering a variety of beer styles and a laid-back atmosphere.
- Quentin Tavern Restaurant: A historic tavern with a rustic charm, serving classic American fare and featuring a wide selection of beer.
- Heisey's Diner: A beloved local diner offering comfort food favorites, breakfast all day, and a friendly atmosphere. (A true diner and local favorite)
- Lisa's Cafe: Features delicious food with a warm, cafe environment.
- Blue Bird Inn: A family-owned restaurant known for its hearty Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine and homemade pies.
- Trattoria Fratelli: Experience authentic Italian cuisine with a modern twist in an upscale dining environment.
Lancaster County PA
Lancaster County PA Attractions
- Amish Experience: Immerse yourself in the unique Amish culture with guided tours of Amish farms, buggy rides, and insights into their way of life.
- Strasburg Rail Road: Enjoy a nostalgic steam train ride through scenic countryside, offering a glimpse into Pennsylvania's railroading heritage.
- Dutch Wonderland: A family-friendly amusement park with rides, shows, and attractions suitable for young children.
- Landis Valley Village & Farm Museum: Explore a living history village showcasing Pennsylvania German heritage through historic buildings, crafts, and demonstrations.
- Sight & Sound Theatres: Experience epic live performances of biblical stories with elaborate sets, costumes, and special effects.
- PA Renaissance Faire: Vibrant and immersive annual event that transports visitors to a lively and interactive recreation of a 16th-century English village.
Lancaster County PA Eateries
- Shady Maple Smorgasbord: Indulge in an extensive buffet offering a wide range of Pennsylvania Dutch dishes, comfort foods, and desserts.
- Bird-in-Hand Bakery & Café: Sample homemade baked goods and hearty breakfast or lunch options in a cozy, rustic setting.
- Dienner's Country Restaurant: Experience authentic Amish and Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine in a cozy farmhouse-style atmosphere.
- Café 1832 at The Hotel Lancaster: Dine in a historic setting with a diverse menu offering classic American dishes and creative twists.
- The Belvedere Inn: An upscale restaurant located in Lancaster City, known for its elegant ambiance, creative American cuisine, and extensive wine selection.
- Lancaster Brewing Company: A brewery and restaurant offering a variety of craft beers alongside a menu featuring pub-style comfort foods.
- Horse Inn: A modern take on a historic tavern, serving creative American fare and craft cocktails.
Dauphin County PA
Dauphin County PA Attractions
- Hersheypark: A renowned amusement park in Hershey, known for its thrilling rides, entertainment, and chocolate-themed experiences.
- The State Capitol: Visit the Pennsylvania State Capitol building in Harrisburg, an architectural marvel with stunning interiors and historic significance.
- National Civil War Museum: Explore an extensive collection of artifacts, exhibits, and interactive displays related to the American Civil War.
- Hershey's Chocolate World: Immerse yourself in the world of chocolate with interactive exhibits, a chocolate factory tour, and the chance to create your own candy bar.
- Fort Hunter Mansion and Park: Discover history at this 18th-century mansion and estate, offering guided tours, gardens, and events.
- Wildwood Park: A nature preserve with walking trails, a lake, and opportunities for bird-watching and wildlife observation.
- Indian Echo Caverns: Explore limestone caves with guided tours that highlight their geological features and historical significance.
- City Island: An island in the Susquehanna River with a variety of attractions, including a baseball stadium, mini-golf, and riverboat rides. Home to Harrisburg Senators minor league baseball team.
- Susquehanna Art Museum: Experience contemporary art exhibitions and cultural events in a modern museum space.
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts: Enjoy science exhibits, live performances, and an IMAX theater in downtown Harrisburg.
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park: Adjacent to Hersheypark, this zoo features a diverse range of native North American animals.
Dauphin County PA Eateries
- The Millworks: A unique dining destination in Harrisburg, offering a restaurant, brewery, and artist studios in a repurposed mill building.
- Home 231: A farm-to-table restaurant in Harrisburg, focusing on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients for its diverse menu.
- Alvaro Bread and Pastry Shoppe: A bakery and cafe in Harrisburg offering European-style bread, pastries, sandwiches, and coffee.
- Cafe Fresco Center City: A cozy cafe known for its sandwiches, salads, and specialty drinks, located in downtown Harrisburg.
- Mangia Qui and Suba: Two restaurants in Harrisburg sharing a kitchen, offering Italian and Spanish-inspired dishes respectively.
- The Chocolate Avenue Grill: Located in Hershey, this restaurant offers a diverse menu with a focus on local ingredients and creative twists.