10 Questions to ask an Elder Law Attorney
Elder law attorneys cover a wide variety of legal concerns a senior client could have. Come prepared to ask questions and find an elder law attorney you trust to handle your legal concerns!
- Why do I need an elder law attorney?
- How many years have you focused your practice on elder law Issues?
- Why did you choose elder law?
- How many clients have you had in the past five years with needs similar to mine?
- What was the most challenging aspect of those cases and what were the outcomes?
- What percentage of your annual caseload involves elder law issues?
- What elder law issues do you handle most often? Least often?
- Are you accredited by the VA to handle Veteran’s claims and how many do you file annually?
- What are your fees? (Be sure to get a fee schedule in writing.)
- Can you provide references?