Local Senior Real Estate Specialist Guide for Buying an Age-In-Place Home in Lebanon, PA
Understanding the Concept of Aging-in-Place
Key Factors to Consider When Buying an Age-In-Place Home
- Single-Level Living: As mobility can become an issue with age, single-level homes can help to ensure safety and ease of movement.
- Bathroom Safety: Keep an eye out for bathrooms that have safety features like grab bars and walk-in showers. Shower seats are also a nice addition!
- Kitchen Design: A well-thought-out kitchen can make a world of difference. Key elements include lower countertops and easy-to-use appliances.
- Doorways and Hallways: Wider doorways and hallways can accommodate future mobility aids like walkers or wheelchairs.
- Flooring: Consider safe and stable flooring options that are easy to navigate and low-risk for falls.
- Lighting: Good lighting is vital for maintaining visibility and minimizing the risk of accidents.
- Maintenance: A low-maintenance home, both inside and outside, can relieve stress and effort.
- Community and Location: Living in a supportive community with easy access to essential services can drastically improve the quality of life.
- Technology: Homes should ideally have the potential for the installation of assistive technologies to support independence. Even having a smartphone can be a huge help.
- Outdoor Spaces: Accessible outdoor spaces can greatly contribute to maintaining health and happiness.