What is a Senior Moves Manager?
and how they help make the entire transition less stressful and more positive!
What is a move manager?
- Assist in downsizing and sorting possessions
- Create a custom floorplan for placing furniture and belongings in the new space
- Coordinate the placement of heirlooms with family members
- Arrange for the profitable disposal of items that won’t be moved
- Make and document donations to charity
- Organize the packing, moving and unboxing of items on the other end
- Arrange furniture, organize belongings, decorate, hang pictures, etc at the new location to it immediately feels like home.
- Additionally, some may be able to assist in other specialized ways, such as:
- Technical support for setting up computers, TVs and other equipment
- Virtual meetings to help adult children remain involved without being physically present
- Handling change of address and mail forwarding arrangements
- Shutting off and turning on utilities
- Arranging transport to the new home
Most seniors want to stay in their homes as long as possible, surrounded by their familiar and memory-filled possessions. A move manager can help soothe the emotional side of a move when it’s no longer safe or practical for seniors to stay in their homes.
They can positively impact many aspects of a senior’s life:
Lighten the load.
Coordination with family members.
Keeping seniors healthy.
What is Relocation Stress Syndrome?
Please reach out to me for help in finding the ideal move manager. A smooth and positive transition from beginning to end will produce an optimal outcome for all individuals involved, especially your aged loved ones.